Third Announcement: Dynamics Days Latin America and the Caribbean 2018
The fifth edition of the DDays LAC will take place in the beautiful city of Punta del Este, located at the southernmost point in Uruguay, where the Río de la Plata river meets the Atlantic Ocean, and only an hour and a half away from the capital city, Montevideo (for information on how to arrive, please visit: https://ddayslac2018.org/page). The purpose of this meeting is to bring together world specialists on computational, applied, and theoretical research in all areas related to non-linear dynamics with scientists and students from Latin America and the Caribbean.
There will be a series of invited lectures, short communications, and posters presented by the participants, with ample time for discussions. Submission for contributive works in the form of posters or talks are being received through EasyChair at the conference web-site. Registration fees cost 300 USD for participants and 150 USD for students until the 1st of August. You can register and submit your work at: https://ddayslac2018.org/registration/. The registration fees will cover conference materials, lunch and coffee breaks during the entire meeting, as well as the conference dinner, excursion, welcome reception cocktails, and poster session beverages and snacks. Limited free student accommodation is offered at the registration link.
Preliminary list of Invited Speakers:
- José S. Andrade Jr. (Brazil)
- Iberê L. Caldas (Brazil)
- Mario Chavez (France)
- Silvina Ponce (Argentina)
- M. Cristina Depassier (Chile)
- Albert Díaz-Guilera (Spain)
- Jason A. C. Gallas (Brazil)
- Celso Grebogi (United Kingdom)
- Marcelo Kuperman (Argentina)
- Jürgen Kurths (Germany)
- Katja Lindenberg (United States)
- Cristina Masoller (Spain)
- Gabriel B. Mindlin (Argentina)
- Pablo Mininni (Argentina)
- Hinke M. Osinga (New Zealand)
- Jürgen Kurths (Germany)
- Antonio Politi (United Kingdom)*
- Rajarshi Roy (United States)*
* To be confirmed
International Organizing Committee:
- Ana Amador, Departamento de Física, Universidad de Buenos Aires & IFIBA, CONICET, Argentina.
- Celia Anteneodo, Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro, PUC Rio, Brazil.
- Hilda Cerdeira, IFT, Instituto de Física Teórica, São Paulo, SP, Brazil.
- Mario Cosenza, Universidad de Los Andes, Mérida, Venezuela.
- Marcel G. Clerc, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile.
- Elbert E. N. Macau, INPE, Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais, São José dos Campos, Brazil.
- José D. Muñoz, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogotá, Colombia.
- Gerard Olivar, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Manizales, Colombia.
- Carlos Pando, Benmérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla, México.
- Gonzalo M. Ramírez, Universidad Mayor de San Andrés, La Paz, Bolivia.
Local Organizing Committee: Nicolás Rubido and Arturo C. Martí (Chairs), Federico Abellá, Nicolás Díaz, Caracé Gutierrez, Juan Gancio, and Marcelo Forets.