First Joint ICTP-Trieste/ICTP-SAIFR School on Particle Physics
June 18, 2018 - June 29, 2018
São Paulo, Brazil | IFT-UNESP
In 2018, Run II of the LHC will be well under way, and it will be important to assess what has been learned, as well as to discuss the directions in which the field might move in the near-term and medium-term future. The school will therefore be largely focused on LHC Physics, but without forgetting other areas that can give complementary information regarding the nature of the physics at the TeV scale.
Following the tradition of the Summer Schools on Particle Physics at the ICTP in Trieste, the school aims at giving a detailed overview of particle physics, and covering important areas where recent progress has been made in the field. We will have at most three lectures per day, giving ample time for discussion and problem solving by the students. We will also encourage students to give short presentations on their research.
There is no registration fee and limited funds are available for travel and local expenses.
- Enrico Bertuzzo (USP, Brazil)
- Eduardo Pontón (ICTP-SAIFR & IFT-UNESP, Brazil)
- Andrea Romanino (SISSA/ISAS, INFN & ICTP-Trieste, Italy)
- Giovanni Villadoro (ICTP-Trieste, Italy)
- First week:
- Particle Physics and the Early Universe: Laura Covi (Institute for Theoretical Physics – Göttingen, Germany)
- Lectures on the Standard Model: Benjamin Grinstein (UCSD, USA)
- Practical QCD at Colliders: Giulia Zanderighi (University of Oxford, UK)
- Second week:
- Experimental Elements for Theorists: A Roadmap to the Future: Gustaaf Brooijmans (Columbia University, USA)
- Dark Matter and Particle Physics: Paddy Fox (FERMILAB, USA)
- Lectures on Beyond the Standard Model Physics: Alex Pomarol (UAB & IFAE, Spain)
Application deadline: April 13, 2018
More information: http://www.ictp-saifr.org/particle18