International School and Conference on Network Science
NetSci2018 Satellite Meeting.
Networks in disease ecology: modeling interacting pathogens, multiple host layers, and evolution (NETDELY2018)
June 11, 2018, afternoon - Paris, France
The meeting will gather the diverse and interdisciplinary community of scientists working on modelling multi-level and multi-agent spreading dynamics along with its application in disease ecology.
More information: http://netdely2018.weebly.com
- Abstract submission deadline: March 2, 2018
- Notification to authors: not later than March 23, 2018
- NetSci2018 early registration: April 10, 2018
- Satellite Meeting date: June 11, 2018, afternoon
The meeting will gather the diverse and interdisciplinary community of scientists working on modelling multi-level and multi-agent spreading dynamics along with its application in disease ecology. Covered topics will be the following (but not restricted to):
- Multi-host transmission
- Multi-pathogen / multi-strain interaction in humans, animals and plants
- Physics of interacting spreading processes (competition, cooperation)
- Spreading phenomena on multilayer networks
- Interacting spreading processes within a wider framework (infections and drugs, infections and awareness, opinions/ideas/beliefs etc..)
- Pathogen mutation and evolution
- Disease transmission at the animal-human interface / One Health approach
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Abstracts need to be submitted via the EasyChair website:https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=netdely2018
Submissions are required to be at most one page long including the following information:
Title of the talk, author(s), affiliation(s), e-mail address(es), name of the presenter, abstract. Papers will not be accepted. Abstract submission deadline is March 2, 2018.Submissions will be evaluated and selected based on the adherence with the theme of the satellite, originality and scientific soundness. Once the selection process is complete, the authors of the accepted abstracts will be notified by e-mail, no later than March 23.
- Yamir Moreno (BIFI, University of Zaragoza, Spain)
- Laurent Hébert-Dufresne (The Vermont Complex Systems Center, University of Vermont, USA)
- Sébastien Lion (Centre d’Écologie Fonctionnelle et Évolutive, CNRS, France)
- Shai Pilosof (Department of Ecology & Evolution, University of Chicago, USA)
- Eugenio Valdano (Alephsys lab at Universitat Rovira i Virgili in Tarragona, Spain)
The satellite meeting will be hosted by NetSci2018. More information are available here.
All meeting participants (with or without abstract submission) have to register for NetSci2018 here.
The satellite is partly supported by:
- FluDE Project (Sorbonne Université) @INSERM
- Idonate project (DFG) @ Technische Universität Berlin
- Technische Universität Berlin
- ISI Foundation